Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Heavy Static

When I first started this blog, I decided that I would keep it as clean, concise, and as focused on my fiction work as possible. That meant no editorializing about nonsense topics, talking about myself, or posting anything on the blog that wasn't either a free fiction story, or some kind of notice about a piece of my writing that was about to be released elsewhere.

Well, this is sort of all of those things wrapped into one post...sort of. And it should be the last time I do this kind of post.

I've recently been exploring the deeper connections between creative inspiration, process, and the finished artistic product, and have started a sort of sister-blog to work in tandem with the free fiction blog here.

This new blog is Heavy Static.

On Heavy Static you'll be able to find a madhouse collection of articles, links, pictures, and musings on all of the things that inspire me creatively across a wide host of artistic disciplines - everything from authors, artists, comics, film and television, gaming, crime, horror, occult, grimdark, and creative and productivity processes of all types.

I want to gather together all of the things that I love, mash them all up in one spot, and see what kind of projects I can synthesize out of them. Heavy Static will be my R&D department where I can experiment with all sorts of creative...things, and see what works before taking it out to the showroom floor here on on this blog, or out into the wider world for publication.

I hope you'll check it out, and I hope you'll get as much enjoyment out of it as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment